Sunday, January 08, 2006

The Great White Pointer

While on Bruny Island, we were warned about the kids going swimming. There were sightings of a 18 ft shark circling a baby whale carcus off of Adventure Bay. Since the waters weren't safe...due to the sharks, the parks decided to tow the whale to shore. We just happened to be the first on site as they let go the rope as the carcus floated to shore in the surf.

The Aussies are quite nanchalent about the great white shark, however I have heard of more attacks in the last eight months here in Australia then in my lifetime in N. America. Hummmm! Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Tanya said...

Look at those bites. And you're worried about crocs??? I left a post on my blog clarifying what I know of crocs. Which is very limited. And a lot is based on rumour (especially the dog story). Further (more expert) advice is recommended.

1:36 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Wow is right!

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home