Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I Am A Punter

 

Melbourne Cup time again! Above is a picture of my horse. He was favored to win and most analysis agreed. Sigh....he finished near last. Even Yates, my second bet didn't finish anywhere near the front.

Next year I am going with the prettiest horse. If I had done that to begin with....I would have been in the money today. I am a sucker for a lovely blaze and a good neck. There is alway the Hobart Cup to recoup my losses. I better get out early to see the morning breezings so I know who to pick for the Hobart Cup in Feb. Happy racing.

 Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

Good idea...I love a pretty horse.

5:08 PM  
Blogger Jeanette said...

my horse is still running lol

3:15 AM  
Blogger Food Kitty said...

Sadly my horse ran like a hairy goat. A kind gentleman advised me how to place a box trifecta on the basis you had a better chance of winning. Still didn't help.

sigh, roll on Hobart Cup. Haven't been insode that ocean liner out at Elwick yet...

3:16 PM  
Blogger Kerri said...

Sorry you didn't win. Melbourne Cup day is fun though! Lovely horse. Better luck in the Hobart Cup! Yes, betting on the pretty one should do the trick :)

4:11 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

What was that horse's name? I watched the race with great interest. A horse from here ran. He started off in the lead and finished dead last. His owner was one of the first female jockies in NZ. I believe she is younger than me so women are still breaking barriers here that we haven't seen in North America for a long time.

Hmm, how did I get from pretty horses to a feminist rant. Never mind.

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home