Thursday, April 13, 2006

I Am Back

British Columbia Ferry from Vancouver Canada to Vancouver Island

I am flattered I was missed. I left Hobart Aust. on March 15 for almost one month tour of N.A West cost from Canada to California. Our first stop was Hermosa Beach California where my parents live and where I grew up. Sunny and warm but crowed. However I am sure they bost the best Mexican food in California. I gained at least 6 lb but worth it.

We later flew up to Canada where we toured Vancouver Island, visited some of my dearest friends ( Sandy from My Garden was one of them). We drove onto Seattle Wa where we stayed with family, then on to Eugene Oregon where the Hippies still live on in full force. It always amazes me how some areas never change and others do a 180 degree turn around. All of it was great!
I wasn't sure how I would preceive life in NA. again after leaving it a year ago but one thing was for certain...I still miss Tim Hortons coffee, authentic Mexican Food, Best Foods Mayo, and our family of friends in Canada.

Thanks for all your emails of concern.
I ment to post my bloggin break but just got too busy having fun. I will post the detail and pictures of our trip over the next few days.

Cheers,

Wendy

 Posted by Picasa

12 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

Glad you had such a great time.

Have a happy Easter.

12:20 AM  
Blogger Peggy said...

welcome home Wendy! have missed your beautiful photos

1:19 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Weird to hear people say welcome home. I always think of you being away from home or coming home for a visit. It was so good seeing you guys. It must feel good to be back though after your flurry of events.

3:13 AM  
Blogger WendyAs said...

Thanks everyone.
Sandy-someone asked me where I consider home now. I don't know anymore. There seems to be a little bit of home in each place. Maybe home can be more then one place. Hummmm!

10:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Wendy, were fellow Calif. my family is in Mission Viejo and I grew up Redondo Beach..It sounds like your trip was wonderful...I'll be back to visit you again...
Hugs Tina from Missouri

10:58 AM  
Blogger lindsaylobe said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip, almost like a pilgrimage and I look foreword to seeing all of those photos.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Val said...

Wendy,
I had wondered whether you had given up blogging! Was getting a bit testy seeing those kookas turning up at the top of the page each time I'd look in. Glad you were off having a good time. I too have great intentions of updating my blog when we go to San Francisco in October, but time will tell.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Glad you're back. Looking forward to seeing some great pictures of Canada and surrounds sometime soon.

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wendy,
I am glad you got had a nice trip. It must have been great to see your friends and family again. It's usually not to hard to adapt to new surroundings but being away from those you love is the hardest part.
Donna

1:13 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Wilson said...

Sorry I missed you. I'm glad you got to have all the things you missed. I agree, CA has some of the best mexican food around. Glad your back and look forward to some views looking through the eyes of someone else.

2:35 AM  
Blogger WendyAs said...

Val- I bet your fiesty. The best laid plans often go...wrong.

Mrs.Wilson-It was such a whirl wind. I really wanted to visit you too. I wish I had had more time. Sigh...that is really the story of life.

Tanya- Your might get tired of seeing those silly family photos of mine. No crocs, killer jellys, sharks...but Hollywood was full of weird and dangerous things.

Lindsey-Pilgramige is exactly the right word. It was all very profound.

Alice, Connie, and Peggy- Happy Easter to all of you. Thanks for sticking with me.I won't subject you to anymore Kookaburras for a while.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Kerri said...

Happy to see you back Wendy and glad you had such a lovely trip with your family. You really were missed!

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home