Thursday, December 29, 2005

Inside The Taste of Tasmania

Tonight we couldn't even find a seat. It is so jam packed that we managed to find a quiet corner where the kids could choke down a pizza slice. The Taste of Tasmania Festival takes place Dec 27-Jan 3. Inside the warf shed there are at least 100 food stalls. There is greek, seafood, Chilean, Tassie, German, Indian, and the list goes on. I really must try the Wallaby burger with pesto.
At least 40 of the 100 or so stalls are selling beer/wine. Tastings are free so many people just move from stall to stall asking for samples. Some buy bottles, others glasses. I have never seen so many open containers in a single place at one given moment, however everyone seemed very sober and reasonable. I can't wait to see what New Years brings at The Taste. I'll know because we will be there. Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

That sounds great! I think you are having just a little too much fun down under Wendy.

7:17 AM  
Blogger WendyAs said...

I am. I am really enjoying the summer happenings. I think the cold houses in the winter may change my perspectives.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Kali said...

Hey Wendy ~ we were down there too when the first boats came in...it's a lovely atmosphere all around, oh and the food is to die for. We will be back tomorrow, but back home for the evening...I hope you all have fun!

5:15 PM  
Blogger WendyAs said...

Kali,

We are loving it. We really must meet. Do you know what is happening there on the 31st? We might go down early and do dinner and some drinks early

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home