Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Little Aussie Boots

I bought these boots for my son little Mr. C. shortly after arriving in Tasmania. Being a rapid growing 4 yr. old he had out grown them with-in a few short months. I couldn't quite bring myself to throw them away. Too many momories of our first few months in Tasmania. I have to say that they are a great design for easy on-off footware for kids.

It just so happened that the Tas. Botanical Gardens was offering a kids class yesterday called Plant your Boots. I sent both kids with one boot each and this is what they created. They learned all about succulants including the latin terms for some of their plant (Sandy will be proud). We might even start a shoe collection just for planting. Posted by Picasa

9 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

What a terrific idea. I was wondering what to do with all the Divas' discards!

9:58 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

That's wonderful! I'm sure they enjoyed themselves!

12:01 PM  
Blogger Peggy said...

oh how that photo brought back memories! Way back when I was a child we made boot planters at vacation bible school. I planted english ivy in mine and took the boot planter with me when I left home years later. Now I wonder what happened to it? LOL

12:15 PM  
Blogger WendyAs said...

Peggy- I thought Ivy would look great in these boots.

Kathleen-Maybe plant one of your 8" red pumps and give it to Mr. A for valentines.

Sandy- They absolutely loved it.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

You know Mr A., he would only be happy if it was planted with something edible. Don't think the carrots will grow in that shoe.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Sylvana said...

I did this a few years back with a pair of my boots.

I LOVE those shoes!! I would wear them.

2:52 PM  
Blogger lindsaylobe said...

These boots are made for Flowers

Walk in the sunshine and walk in the rain
These little boots give joy without pain
Walk in the bushland and walk on the beach
Walk in the forest or a town within reach

Time for new creation a new flowery place
Time for new companions to grow in that space
Blossoms do bloom as your boots are on loan
Reassured flowers have found their new home

10:37 PM  
Blogger WendyAs said...

Thanks for the lovely poetry. It brought tears to my eyes. It reminds me that my children are growing up. So bittersweet.

11:27 PM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Love it! Really, a cutest idea!

2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home