Monday, October 24, 2005

Why?

Terry E. shot and killed himself on Wed, October 16. was the message from my Canadian friend Sandy. What a shocker.

Terry E. was married a soccer mate of mine. His wife and I were team comrades for a good 4 years. I remember Terri E. at several soccer victory celebrations. He was a good supporter and often the life of the party. He had a delivery truck business and brought topsoil to our house every spring. He was a light hearted, enthusiastic, a bigger then life kinda guy. He never struck me as being troubled. Who would have thought?

Terri E. was only 43 yrs. The saddest part is the children who are left behind; Jasmine 11 and Brady 8. What a weight to bear. My heart goes out to them.

You have to wonder what went through his mind those last few moments?

4 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

I have been really sad over this too. He always seemed to have so much going for him.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Wilson said...

I too was shocked. He would have been the last person I would have thought to do this. It is so sad. Sad for his kids and family. I b.s.'d with him on Thanksgiving weekend and never would have guessed. I'll miss him, his humor and his unconditional friendship.

5:22 AM  
Blogger Sylvana said...

The really sad thing is that misery is often times just a matter of perspective.

8:04 AM  
Blogger WendyAs said...

Sylvana,
That was certainly the case. He had so much going for him.
Mrs Wilson,
I guess his humor was a front. Did you attend his service? I heard it was pretty ugly. Politics and all.

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home