Monday, October 17, 2005

Garderners Beware!

Spring has brought many new creatures out of the ground. Mark found this scorpion in the garden. It is poisonous and can be lethal. This is the first one we have found but they aren't uncommon. We watched it battle a Jack Jumper ant. Jack Jumpers are huge bitting, jumping ants which are the most feared insect by the locals. The ant bite very often causes alergic reactions, often lethal. The scorpion won hands down. I will be wearing my gardening gloves! Yuck!!!!!! Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger Sandy said...

That is so gross. Yuk!

5:19 AM  
Blogger Sylvana said...

I'd much rather have my local bugs to battle!
When I was in Costa Rica, I was drying off after a shower and found a scorpion on my towel. I just flicked it off into the shower, since I needed to get dressed. I found out later that their scorpions were very dangerous. Eh, what are you going to do? I wasn't about to let that scorpion make me try to get on jeans while I was still wet!

11:12 AM  
Blogger WendyAs said...

They are pretty gross. I am trying to put all the poisionous yucky things out of my head. Appearently it is quite commom to find them inside of clothing and these too are very poisonous. I don't leave my shoes outside anymore.

10:41 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Good thinking!

4:39 AM  
Blogger Sandy said...

Wendy, could you please send me your email address. I got a new computer and forgot to put in my addresses. Thanks. I need to tell you something horrible.

5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home