Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Rolex Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race has begun

The great race has begun. The yachts have left Sydney and are making their way across the Tasman sea. They expect to arrive here in Hobart in the next day or so. We have a great bluff where we expect to get a great view as the boats enter the Derwent River making their way to the Hobart harbor. I am putting my money on the Wild Oats. Check out the Yacht tracker at www.rolexsydneyhobart.com . It is all so exciting. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

It must be so very exciting to be in Hobart at the moment and waiting for the first sighting of the lead yacht. I'm happy to stay on dry land but I would love to watch them just the same. I hope you get a wonderful view of them and enjoy the atmosphere.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

I get sea sick by just looking at the picture! Sounds very exciting though. Looking forward to hearing about your sailing lessons.

5:35 PM  
Blogger WendyAs said...

I was thinking I want to crew on one of these someday. Yeeehaaa!

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home